Friday, February 20, 2009

It always happens in February: I think about how little I've accomplished and am overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done before the end of the year, or at least MAP testing time! In the midst of my melt-down (and I don't mean ice and snow) I have to recall something the Dr. Linda Dorn mentioned in my last training: The importance of setting goals. It can be as simple as, "Did you accomplish what you set out to do in this lesson?" or as mountainous as "By the end of the year, 100% of students will be at proficient or advanced on reading benchmarks." The important concept here is that you stay focused on that one goal. After it's accomplished (or not), you reflect and rework your goal for what should happen next." So, maybe this year I will not have that mid-year crisis. I think that will be one goal worth meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment